11 March 2010

Max Brenner - If you don't already know what it is

    Max Brenner is the choco version of Starbucks, and chilling out at Max Brenner is a way of life here in Melbourne.  As for the slogan, the founder claims to have profound love for choco and the desire to share that love with everyone out there.  As for me, all this talk about choco love from Max Brenner is cliche and drowned out pretty quick like all the maccas advertisements.

    In fact, whatever you choose to order, you will be astounded by how rich and sweet everything is.  Do not be phased if it is your first time at Max Brenner.  They have an assortment of cups and ways to drink from them which many people still find cute and fascinating till this day...even after frequenting every other day.

DSC_9562
If only things were always that simple

    Since I have managed to stay away from this place for about 2 months, I think I should show some shots I've taken when my choco craving defenses were low ;)

    This would be the Melbourne Central MB branch.  Considerably more tables and seats, albeit busy, with lots of other non patrons walking by the tables outside.

DSC_9570
Max Brenner at Melb Central

DSC_9548
Aussie School kids dating
Different school have entirely different uniforms

DSC_9547
The single tables in the middle are placed very oddly and gets uncomfortable as if you were on display

DSC_9542
Menus are colourful, as always

    I usually order an Alice Cup with Whipped Milk Choco Frappe.  I will post up more shots of the different types of cups available at MB when I get around.

DSC_9557
Tutti-Fruity Belgium Waffle

     This would be perhaps the most popular choice as I'd like to refer it as the classic choice.  The waffle should be freshly made with the crispiness due to the overload of burnt sugar in the waffle batter.  Topped with ice-cream, strawberries and bananas with a finishing touch of MB's own rich melted choco.  Honestly, AUD12~ for this isn't really worth it.  The 2 waffle one should be around AUD17~.  This is where the 'once-in-a-while-I-get-to-spoil-myself' rule applies, I guess. ;)

DSC_9564
Shot with camera on hip

DSC_9566

DSC_9567
Assortment of Dark Choco niblets

    As with any successful chain of dessert establishment, a large array and a assortment of knick knacks are available for purchase.  You can find many items such as all the MB mugs and cups that are served, instant hot cocoa and choco greeting cards.  I'd suggest this for anyone who are seeking souvenirs of Aussie.

    This would be the MB branch over at QV square...which is a 5 minute walk from my door XD

DSC_9631
"I invite you to watch, smell, taste and feel my love story" - Max
Does this mean I get some free samples?
Baskin Robins always gives free samples, Abang Max

DSC_9633
One of the three new ice-creams at MB

    As the name eludes me, this is some icecreamwich, cookiewich, chocolatewich thingie?  I find it silly how people attach -wich-es to items that resembles a sandwich.  Anyhoo...This is particularly sweet and addictive.

DSC_9634

    Fudge cookie with vanilla ice-cream sandwiched.  Served with a tiny melted choco cup and sprinkles.  I'd figured, this is how I should eat it, aye.  Funny thing was how the chocolate froze on top of the ice-cream after a minute fusing the sprinkles to it.  How should I put it...the chocolate taste deteriorates as it hardens.  AUD15?  Heh, seriously.  Treat your gf to this, I'd advice ;)

DSC_9635
Most expensive black tea that I will pay for this year

    The tea setting is a little charming and the handle is at the bottom of the cup.  Very pompous-ish feeling.  Heh.  AUD4 for this VS a box of tea bags bought from saveway...with change.

    Overall, very good place to chill if you like crowds of young folks or are looking for a place to eat some fancy sweets.  I'd recommend anyone who visits Aussie to pay Max Brenner a visit.

PS:  It always closes early and is always crowded. =)

Photo info: Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8D.  All shots are hand-held with a mix of indoor and outdoor lighting without flash.  1/15-1/25s exposures and f/2.8-4.  Auto-ISO capped at 1600.

Enjoy,
Stout out.

No comments:

Post a Comment