29 March 2010

Ajisen Ramen, Melbourne.

I have grown bored of eating along Little Bourke Street and have upgraded to Bourke Street instead.  In comparison, just because the restaurant is secluded, doesn't mean that the food comes cheap nor is it dirty.  In fact, those eateries are the ones that are very popular and there are many who go out of their way just to eat at these establishments.

Little did I know, Ajisen Ramen is a Japanese fast food chain based in Kumamoto City...which sort of explains why there are a few of these all over the place in many cities and countries. =P

DSC_0429
Ajisen Ramen on Bourke Street.

Well, enough of an introduction, let's just move on to shots of what I ate that day. =)

First off, this place is awfully dark.  Not the romantic dark, mind you, but rather the hard-to-read-with-spots-of-glare dark.

DSC_0444
Don't be fooled by how steady my hand can be.
My Body is a Tripod!
*wink*

It is a good thing that there is a light source coming from the outside, but once the sun sets, it gets really irritating to read.  As I am handed the menu, I must say, my neurotic sense kept itching telling me to only handle that with two fingers.

There are quite a few items on the menu...but really, we all come to Ajisen Ramen because we want to pay 11 Aussie dollars for a bowl of ramen so that was my first choice.

DSC_0453
Spicy Pork Ramen

Ramen served with Spicy stir fried Pork with Veggies and Egg.  I particularly liked the dried thick seaweed and the broth.  Together, they add a distinct crunchiness to the dish and doesn't come off as being dry.  This is only a tiny bit spicy which is to my liking.  Overall, this would be excellent for brekkie or supper, but for dinner, why bother?  The portions doesn't justified to the price.

What else?

DSC_0449
Fried Rice

What sort of fried rice this is called in the menu?  I have no idea, for fried rice is fried rice.  It has come to my attention many years ago that..

Eggs + Rice + Ketchup = Yum

...and this is a no brainer.

Lovely presentation of the rice wrapped in multiple thin layers of omelette on a bed of shredded cabbage.  Don't let the shot fool you.  This is an average portion of fried rice.  Enough to fill a small eater.

EFTPOS is accepted at AUD25, which doesn't sit well with me because anything above a minimum of AUD20 will always require you to order more than just two dishes.

Well, I did enjoy the food and listening in on other people's chatter, but I'd rather come here for the lunch menu.  Until then...

Ajisen Ramen info.

130 Bourke St.
Melbourne, VIC.
Phone:  (03) 9662 1100

Photo info.

Shot with my trusty Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8.  White balancing for white plates are always a bitch.  This time is no exception.

Look further for more reviews on eateries especially Japanese restaurants along Bourke Street.

Comments and critique are highly appreciated and welcomed.

Ciao!
Stout out.

No comments:

Post a Comment