15 March 2009

Short Films and Welcome Back From Spring Break

Here are several short films which I manage to dig up recently. Some of them may be too harsh for some of you. So, please be advised.


Check Please



This is about the guy introducing his girlfriend to his parents. Very disturbing yet I find this highly intriguing. If you love someone, be ready for the whole package.



Not So Small Talk



This is so silly and hilarious. Look at those clumsy guys with their jaws dropping. =P



The Morning After



The start is sort of cute and as it progresses along, slowly climaxing into gruesome. If you cannot stand gruesome images, try not to watch it. Yeah, don't wake up in those situations, I'd suggest. ;)



Marry Me



Now, for a change to something not so negative. This was last year's Tropfest Australian winning film. It is about a girl who is in love with a boy and she sacrifices a lot in order to catch his attention. The non-diagenic music and the sound cues are very innocent and childlike and I find that it brings out the flavour of the scenes.



Mankind Is No Island



Now for this inspirational video. At first I thought that it was very creative and began to show appreciation because it seemed like it took a lot of work. Though, from just looking at the video, many couldn't really tell what exactly was going on without an explanation. I think that this is what was really lacking about it. Other than that, those who enjoy the mainstream will find this fascinating.



Knock Knock



I couldn't find a better quality video, but this is definitely one of my favourites. Several years ago while I was feeling despaired, this little 10 minute video caught my attention and made me feel better in an instant. Here, I would like to share this with everyone. The choreography is perfect and beautiful. Throughout the clip, you can interpret that his world is torn and that he is separated from it. The final scene is absolutely beautiful where it finally merge and his world is made whole again.



Validation



Here is one with one of my favourite actors from Bones, TJ Thyne. It is a short film about a character who is truly remarkable at making everyone's world more cheery, but yet he cannot bring a smile to the one he truly loves.



That is all for now. I will try to get in more hilarious videos and put up the shots I got from the International Fiesta and the after party.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Knock Knock is my favourite. You're right - that last scene is absolutely beautiful and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete