18 November 2011

Swedish Apples

Swedish Apples

Swedish Apples

Trying my hand at black and white portraits again.  Been a while since I've been more involved in colours as the explosion of colours do attract the eye better.  Black and whites are the true test to the artistic eye, by which, I do not have...but I do know what I like and I'd like to share it.  Artistic eye?  What is that?

This here was taken on the highest point in Stockholm, Sweden.  If I am not mistaken, it is called Fjällgatan.  Honestly, it's not that high, but visitors and tourists have been warned, Sweden is mostly flat lands while Norway is mostly riddled with fjords.  Either way, the vantage point wasn't to my liking with the strong noon sun and the uncanny blue sky and I've only got 10 minutes.

As luck were to have it, two cute and sweet kids walked by the group to sell their apples.  They obliged me as I took a quick shot and thanked them.  People in Sweden are really friendly and sporting towards strangers especially with me.  I can vouch for them.

18-300 kit lense, baby!  First time with me on my trips.  The range and sharpness of this baby is truly amazing.  Not so hot about the lense vignetting, but that's easy to control.

Stout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment