04 May 2011

Stoutlager's Stock Photos

Hey guys!  In case you're wondering, my back up hard drives are fried and I'm trying to scavenge what remains of my stock collection from around the world that have been published and unpublished.  After speaking to many photographers with lots of experience, they do say that it gets ridiculous because as time goes on, you have to back up the back ups and store them seperately in different sites.  HAH!  The next thing to really kill my life is the death of my 6 year old ipod...which is then, when I do have to reload all my cds onto a platform before storing it in a new ipod.  *prays*

"Don't!  That's 60GB of my life in there!"

Damn Apple.  The number of ipods, original, shuffles and nanos, iphones and ipads available in this house is impressive, working and non working.

Anyway, get to the point!

I am rather surprised that for only the past 3 days since May 1st, my flickr account has accumulated 4,300 individual photo views, bring it up the total of individual views to touch 40K!  Wow, and all I did was just upload photos and don't interact with anyone on that site!  I primarily started the account so that I am able to share and post photos directly to this blog, since I'm a 'photo-resizing' noob!  Well, since I shoot and upload more than I write, I suppose that that is common.  Speaking of which, at most times, this blog is dead, yet I manage to scrounge up almost 7.5K page views.  It's uncanny, really.  Oh well, I'm not really promoting nor am I marketing any of this, yet I can't find out why would anyone come visit and how do established inviduals and global bodies have found me and contacted me to share my articles.  Really, it's just a handful, you know.

Yet, I am thankful, as I have something to focus on and to look forward to.

I've been scouting around and many of the pros who are into photography and blogging requests that I create my own website to blog and well and move from Flickr to Smugmug for a higher view count.  Bah, switching platforms once I got the hang of one really isn't my forte, but it is inevitable.  Time to have a looksee.

Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment