23 January 2011

Winter in Summer

Winter Solace
Winter Solace

This shoot was in the making for about three months.  After months of discussion, I was finally able to meet, greet and shoot Michelle Chuah of Supermodel's Secrets for the first time together with Soo Suet Li.  I was pretty nervous at first, but I thank the ladies for being very accommodating with my requests.  Believe it or not, this was shot outdoors at Putrajaya's Pullman Lakeside Park in the late morning.

I'll Remember The Summer Forever
I'll Remember The Summer Forever

Music has always been my passion and inspiration.  My first tribute to Svenson and Gielen for their beautiful single, Beachbreeze.  The title is of this shot happens to be the start of the chorus, which IMO, is the catchline of the song that everyone recognise from around the world.

Sheltered Dreams
Sheltered Dreams

While having a go at this shot, the words of my first master, Manny Librodo, played in my head...that, and the fact that that song from The Cranberries, Shattered, was being looped in my head.  Was I wrong to reduce the contrast and highlights on the white fur?  Hmmm...

Sultry Summer
Sultry Summer

In trying my best not to overdo it and in order to preserve some details in the textures, I did some pre-emptive planning in my head even before I opened up Lightroom.  Surprisingly, the results were astonishingly easy to obtain.  Mind you, my eyes can't tell colour very well and the planning came a week after I had shot this.  Similar to pre-writing, planning ahead in photography works wonders.  I dedicate this to commercial photographer, David Lok, for his guidance is my journey to properly refine my fundamentals.


Model:  Michelle Chuah and Soo Suet-Li.
MUA/Designer:  Michelle Chuah.
Photographer:  Jonathan "Stoutlager" Khee.
Organiser:  Michelle Chuah and Jonathan Khee.

More to come.
Please look forward to it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment