05 May 2009

Second Sun @ Buffalo

This would be Second Sun's first performance down here in buffalo. It's about damn time I get to witness some good music being played here. Heh.. First time I saw them was back in the UMF10.. It was awesome!!

Adam White and Antoine Becks make up the duo who are well known for their live performances. First time I heard them was with a collaboration with Paul Van Dyk around 2005. Of course, back then I didn't know about them. It was the song 'Crush' in PVD's album 'Reflections'. When I was in college, I used to spam that song on my MP3 player. hehe..


Some how I cannot embed the info.. Myeh... oh well..





Through the shoot, I had many problems with capturing them from the stage. The bars between the stage and table did not help much. What I wanted was to capture the crowd as well as the 2 guys and it turned out pretty horrible so I dropped them =(

Anyway, here are the best picks of the night. I tried to up the contrast and it worked really well in this case. ^^

DSC_2379
I tried my hand at making the contrast stronger and I found that it does make the subjects pop more.

DSC_2381
Cory & Stacie

DSC_2421
I'm always bad at action shots without my flash, but I'm glad that this turned out decent

DSC_2466
Left to right: Adam White & Antoine Becks

DSC_2553

DSC_2606
I've got free reign and I get to move to any part of the club to shoot. I really enjoyed this freedom to shoot =)

DSC_2644

DSC_2900
I thought that the lighting and composure of this shot is one of the best in all my shots.
Slowly improving ^^

DSC_2906
Jesse holding the fort down in the next room.

DSC_2911
Stoutlager & Antoine Becks

DSC_2919
Stoutlager & Adam White
Yes yes, I forgot to bring a pen for them to sign my CD.. sigh...

DSC_2916

DSC_2913


Next gig that I am looking forward to will be Junkie XL.. Huge huge huge..

Stout Out.

2 comments: